elizabethgunther2286

The Romance Reader

I like to read a little bit of everything, but my main focus is romance, especially romantic suspense and historical romance.

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter
Seth Grahame-Smith
Hero
Alethea Kontis
Progress: 18 %
Lead Me On - Victoria Dahl I am very disappointed in this book. I read the first two in the series and I absolutely loved them, but this one just didn't do it for me. I ended up giving up a little over half way through because I just didn't care about the heroine. I had really hoped that I would like Jane--she seemed like a cool person in Start Me Up, and while she isn't a bad person, she isn't someone that I would want to hand out with. First of all, she is a total snob. She doesn't want anything to do with Chase because he looks like a real blue collar worker, the kinds of person that would be all wrong for her. Despite this, she has sex with him anyway, and even though she had a really good time with him, she just walked out while he was in the shower. Halfway though the book she still didn't want to give him the time of day, and yet he is bending over backwards to help her and her skeevy brother, Jessie, who is in jail because the police caught him with stolen goods in his car.

I decided to drop this book when it got to the point where I couldn't understand what Chase saw in her. I really liked Chase. He was a very decent guy, who managed to turn his life around, although at the halfway point we still don't know what skeletons are hiding in his closet.